Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day x 2!

We celebrated Mother's Day in a relaxed manner. I was given options on how to spend the day and opted for the least stressful of all of them. My dear husband made a delicious pancake breakfast while I went back to bed for a little while after Flint's first feeding. And he got me a spa certificate, minus the certificate because the spa was out of them, so I took that opportunity to reassign the massage money toward my new lens fund. We visited Gia later that afternoon and Pap made a yummy dinner for all of us. We even ventured into the pool, though briefly. Lyla cannot wait for it to warm up enough to stay in. All. Day. It was a great day!







It felt nice to be recognized and extra appreciated on Mother's Day, but this year it felt particularly nice to be Mom x2! I'm so glad Flint is here to complete our family (until we decide he needs a baby brother or sister in a few years... although I know one uterus (and one husband) that currently disagrees with this plan!) and couldn't be more proud of my baby girl! It's hard to imagine my life without my babies. Happy Mother's Day to my two favorite mother-makers, and to all the other mothers and kids in our lives!


A week later, we visited Luke's grandparents after he had a postponed 1:1 Mother's Day outting with his mom. Lyla enjoyed bossing Great-Grandma around and attempting to trap her in the office with their modest vintage toy collection. Lyla also helped Great-Grandma water her flowers in the backyard, they threw a ball around together, and discussed apple skins. Great Grandma and Grandpa have got to be the sweetest, lovingest people ever - we can only hope Lyla and Flint inherited even just a small portion of their longevity and kindness. Unfortunately, there aren't many pictures to show for this lovely day, as Luke was placed in charge of Documentation. Ha!



We love you, Mommies, Grand-Mommies, Aunts, Great-Aunts, & Friend-Mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment