Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chickie-Chick-Chicks!

In late March, I did a Spring Mini Session Day in which I picked one location and stayed put all morning to photograph several different families. For this special day, I "rented" some baby chicks (yes, I know that's redundant) from the Keller Feed Store to act as adorable props and bring natural smiles to the kiddos' faces. The chicks didn't have to return to their homes (aka a warmer drawer) until 5:00pm, so naturally, I drove them all over Grapevine, Colleyville, Roanoke and Keller to visit just about every child I know. After they had their day in the sun (literally) I took them back to the store, probably both to their relief and disappointment (cause there aren't any bugs to find in the grass in the drawer!).

Lyla adored them, of course, and was a little sad to take them back. She was happy, though, to see where they came from and explore the feed store. They also had rabbits! (!) And guinea pigs. And had I waited a couple weeks to do the sessions, I could have also borrowed some fuzzy lil ducklings.

Flint was mostly indifferent. He was curious, but didn't care much play with them for more than a few seconds. Ya know... 17-month-old attention span...










No comments:

Post a Comment